My first month thoughts on Donorschoose.org…
I set up an account about a month ago and began working on a project where I could bring more reading into my classroom. Students need a chance to read something that is interesting and provides a cultural view that they are not familiar with. Unfortunately, it has been a month and I have only received one donation. AND…I only have like a month and a half left anyway before my plans are ruined.
I think Donorschoose.org could be a great resource for many teachers but only if they have some generous friends. I see a lot of projects go untouched. I shared it on Facebook, Twitter, and my account here on Tumblr and I’m not even sure if the one random person that donated was a person who saw it on one of those accounts.
Anybody have any ideas for how a classroom could find donations to get a small supply of books?
- niyoko91 reblogged this from revolutionizeed
- cuhrazygraphics likes this
- educationworld likes this
- sharmabl answered:preech students for the Donations and its use..then impress upon to come froward.
- ohmericooo likes this
- monticelloman answered:I had the same issue - lack of donors. Right before my project expired, a corporate sponsor came in and funded my project fully.
- askpinkiepegasus answered:LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRARIE! I LIKED IT!!!!
- gjmueller reblogged this from revolutionizeed and added:
- tbend answered:Goodwill does 50% off every other Saturday. My classroom library got awesome when I found that out.
- polarbehrens answered:you might try to write a grant or contact firstbook.com, i know they give books to economically challenged areas
- knowledgesponge likes this
- selectivetoxicity answered:It depends what books you’re looking for. Are you looking for picture books? Garage sales are a great place to find children’s books.
- lammyjae answered:I think it would be easier if you could ask the local community for used books and that sort of things.
- joanasemiaosousa answered:I guess you can make something and sell it for the Fundraising. Cupcakes and biscuits are always an easy option, if the students can bake
- querks likes this
- gjmueller likes this
- This was featured in #Education
- ailuridae answered:Post this on the DonorsChoose.org Facebook page. That’s how I got a lot of great tips to get my project funded! :)
- whatareyoueventalkingabout answered:Great Books Foundation… heard of it? I suggest you give them a call and see if they can do anything for you.. greatbooks.org
- revolutionizeed posted this